Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Grandma

My grandmother was my playmate, confidant, and my best friend. 

Together we ate Barley Sugars, Magnums, and Macaroni Cheese.
We went for walks up and down Fairview Ave.
She took more photo's of me than anyone else ever will.
My obsession with markets also originates from her, when we'd skip church and go to the market instead followed by lunch at whatever her favorite cafe of the moment was.

I hope that she know's that we found the photograph she was looking for and that she's holding it now.  I hope that she's at peace and I'm sure that she's up in heaven now with Granddad.

I don't know what I'll do without my Grandma but I'm so grateful to have been able to spend so much time with her. You will be missed more than you can possibly imagine.




Lucy Isabell Abel nee McWatt
1923-2011 age 87 years



No comments:

Post a Comment